Tuesday 2 July 2013

The heart of the home they say and I must agree

 
If my home is my empire then my kitchen is definatley the capital, it all goes on here and I can get lost for days.


It's my bakery and restaurant but also my office, photographic studio, music room, dance studio, sewing room. it may not be large but it certainly packs a lot in like a Tardis it seems bigger once your inside. It's the one room that hasn't been renovated (no money) but the walls and unit fronts get painted regularly so we make do.

Some of my favorite times have been spent in here, with friends at the table while I cook us something good for tea or make up cocktails for us to try, one oft requested is Vodka with cherry cordial and ice it's just lovely or we can be partial to a Mojito in the summer.

This room seems to have a magical attraction for me, sometimes I'll try to leave several times only to be drawn back in I'll find myself mindlessly wandering back after only just leaving,

My miniature larder


if I had a bed in here I'd probably never leave at all

2 comments:

  1. I think that most of us spend many many hours in our kitchens, and not just eating, but living!
    I am loving your blog!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Tammy I'm new to this blogging lark so it's good to know someone likes it :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments